Monday, October 16, 2006

Old Friends

Saturday night we went to dinner at Zinn's Bistro, which is owned and managed by Linda Taylor, a friend of ours from Park City. Linda runs the restaurant with her children and does a consistently terrific job. Saturday we had the chance to visit with Linda, and also with her husband Jim, who came by to pick her up. It was so nice to see them again, and we had a warm reunion.

The importance of friendships increases as I grow older. I remember George Bush (the elder) saying, after he was no longer president, that he now realized that the things that were truly important in life were faith, friends and family.

I wish that I had spent more time in my life cultivating friendships. Like all good things, it takes a little work. And I suppose when time got short it was one of the things that was overlooked. I didn't see the value in it. But retrospect is a devilish prism, and things always look different over time.

I wish all my friends had restaurants.

No comments:

Post a Comment