Sunday, January 20, 2013

Smart Guys with Terrible Pick-up Lines

"The female is an impotent male, incapable of making semen because of the coldness of her nature.  We therefore should look at the female state as if it were a deformity, though one that occurs in the ordinary course of nature."
                                                 --Aristotle

"Girls began to talk and to stand on their feet sooner than boys because weeds always grow up more quickly than good crops."
                                                 --Martin Luther

Contract with His Wife:
You will make sure:

- that my clothes and laundry are kept in good order;
- that I will receive my three meals regularly in my room;
- that my bedroom and study are kept neat, and especially that my desk is left for my use only.
  
You will renounce all personal relations with me insofar as they are not completely necessary for social reasons. Specifically, You will forego:
 - my sitting at home with you;
 - my going out or travelling with you.
   
You will obey the following points in your relations with me:
 - you will not expect any intimacy from me, nor will you reproach me in any way;
 - you will stop talking to me if I request it;
 - you will leave my bedroom or study immediately without protest if I request it.

                                                --Albert Einstein

There are probably a couple of lessons here, but one of the biggest is that brilliance in one area doesn't lead to brilliance in all others.  Nor does it suggest ethics or morality.  This belies our misplaced desire to build monuments to talent and dedication rather than character and integrity.

No comments:

Post a Comment