Monday, December 24, 2012

Found Money

I put on my ski pants this morning and found a dollar in them.  Knowing that the dollar had been there since last ski season made it seem a little more valuable to me.  This says something about expectation theory.  If I had been looking for a twenty dollar bill from yesterday, and found only a single dollar, I would have been disappointed.  It's not the dollar that matters so much, it's the pleasant surprise of getting it.

As I sit here in the Christmas spirit, I think it would be nice to be the deliverer of pleasant surprises.  It is a habit, I guess.  A matter of slowing down the world and looking about for opportunities.  They shouldn't cost much, perhaps less than the dollar which just brought me a smile.  Seems like a small price to pay.


No comments:

Post a Comment