Saturday, February 02, 2008

February Quotes

Every time I run across a quote I like I put it on my list. For the past year or so I've been putting a new quote in my email signature every day. Lately I've taken to memorizing one a day. I've been surprised at how useful they have become, when memorized. Here's a few more from my list. Some of these are my "classics," which I've had and used for many years.

It is easier to preach ten sermons than it is to live one.

"We can never get enough of what we don't need, because what we don't need won't satisfy us."
--Dallin Oaks

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."
--Thomas Edison

"There are some people that if they don't know, you can't tell them."
--Louis Armstrong

"I learned the way a monkey learns, by watching its parents."
--Queen Elizabeth II

The heights of great men reached and kept
Were not attained by sudden flight,
But they, while their companions slept,
Were toiling upward in the night.
--Longfellow

"Put all your eggs in one basket and WATCH THAT BASKET!"
--Mark Twain

"The supreme paradox of all thought is the attempt to discover something that thought cannot think."
--Søren Kierkegaard

"You only live once, but if you work it right, once is enough."
-- Joe Louis

An optimist is a person who, instead of feeling sorry he cannot pay his bills, is glad he is not one of his creditors.

"Give me a lever and a place to stand, and I will move the world."
--Archimedes

“Money often costs too much."
-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.

"Nothing you can't spell will ever work."
--Will Rogers

A wise man should have money in his head, but not in his heart.
--Jonathan Swift

Opportunity may knock once, but temptation bangs on your door forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment